Thursday, August 4, 2011

Bland to Beautiful Bathroom

I was looking forward to completing this project so that I could write a before & after blog post about it.

This bathroom was stuck in the 80s and needed to be brought into the 21st century.

My client wanted to have a peaceful and zen bathroom with natural elements. She knew she didn't want to have a store-bought look but instead something unique. Either way she wanted to finally have a bathroom she could enjoy.

While shopping at Decor Maria I found something perfect for her bathroom that we could use as a vanity. It was originally intended as a low coffee table but I thought it would be perfect mounted on the wall with a glass sink on it.

Aside from a dated style, this bathroom was also lacking storage. I decided to use the space above the toilet and build a cabinet to match the rosewood vanity. I built it out of pine and stained it to match by using different colored stains.

The shower tiles were changed for something with a striped bamboo feeling and the side walls have a pebble tile insert . For the floor tiles we found something that had a clay earthy feeling.

Before the bathroom had a standard vanity, sink, medicine cabinet and lighting.

The lighting used to be above the mirror but this time I wanted to bring it to eye level to be more flattering on the face.

We re-purposed this mirror from another room in the home, it was pretty plain but had a great shape. I collaged the frame and now it works well with the other wood elements we have chosen.


Now this bathroom has a unique and custom look that will be enjoyed for years to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment