Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Handmade Headboard


This cottage bedroom was pretty bland. The bed had a metal frame so it didn't need a headboard for support but I wanted to add one for looks. I decided to create something unique that would make a statement in this room.


I bought some pieces of stainable quality pine, 2 wider pieces for the sides and narrower for the center. I cut the pieces and assembled the headboard using wood glue and dowels. I stained everything including several feet of wicker. I drilled holes the thickness of the wicker inside the wall of each section. I added the wicker in a random pattern and voila!

Stay tuned for the complete makeover of this cottage bedroom!

3 comments:

  1. This is beautiful! I have been looking for a headboard to make for our cottage just northeast of Toronto and I think this might be it! Where did you buy the wicker?

    I just found your blog and love it (I'm a realtor too!) I'm now following you and look forward to seeing your next projects.

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this headboard. I'm from Montreal too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this. We all see the same ole DIY headboards. This is unique. Makes me wonder what else could one do with wicker like this???? Very cool.

    ReplyDelete