Friday, December 30, 2011

Christmas in the Country

I love spending Christmas with my family at our cottage north of Montreal. The drive there is always beautiful, I couldn't wait to get there.

The beautiful country roads on my drive.

Our picturesque old schoolhouse church.

Since there is no heat or electricity inside, we all wear our finest winter wear as we sing Christmas songs.

We found a beautiful pine tree from the forest around the cottage, it makes the whole house smell great. With ten of us spending Christmas together, there are bound to be lots of gifts under the tree!

We decorate the tree with our handmade decorations from our childhood.

I found this vintage sled at my local thrift shop and couldn't wait to have my friend's three kids to enjoy it.

The view from our front window. We love watching the deer eat out of the feeder at night.

If we don't see the deer, at least we can tell that they've visited...

The cottage is a French-Canadian style that is covered in barn wood.

Our wood shed although functional looks beautiful in photographs.

The frozen lake is so peaceful and quiet to walk on.

I am grateful to have a beautiful place to spend holidays and such an amazing family to spend them with.

I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas too and will have a Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment