Friday, December 9, 2011

Lovely Lantern

I found this lantern at an outdoor flea market this past fall. It had been exposed to the elements and developed a beautiful patina and rust. It had old wires running through it and was intended as an outdoor light.

Instead of re-wiring this lantern, I decided to use it at a beautiful Christmas decoration. I removed the top part that would attach to a ceiling and added a chain to hang it. All of the original glass was there but I didn't use it all. I kept the glass on the underside in place to hold in the candle, but I left out the glass on the sides. With the lantern now open, the candle is really featured and we can appreciate more of the rust and patina on the inside. A red satin bow and a branch of berries finish off this holiday look.

Even though we don't have snow in Montreal yet, this lantern is really putting me in the Christmas spirit!

No comments:

Post a Comment